Coronavirus (Covid-19) Our Response
In light of the advice and guidance around Covid-19 our leadership met last night and made the decision to pause our public gatherings. We will not be meet on Sunday mornings, and The Bridge Cafe has now closed.
As elders we think this would be a good time to make use of some of the great resources available to us online. On Sunday we will post a link to a sermon that we can all listen to and benefit from. Engage groups will not meet in person, however you can contact your group leader for details of how to meet online. This is an ever changing situation, however we will keep your updated on our Whats app group and Facebook page.
We want to emphasise that our church ministry is not stopping because of this virus; we are merely adapting our ministries to the ever changing circumstances.
God’s mission is not hampered by the situation we find ourselves in, and we have a wonderful opportunity to display the love, grace and mercy of God to those in need. Our focus as a fellowship over the coming weeks will be to glorify God by how we respond to all that is going on, and in particular how we love, care and provide for others. We can do this as individuals with our immediate; family, neighbours and friends, and also as a church body by donating to our temporary food bank.
If you are reading this, and need help please send a message.
We trust our Sovereign God in all these things, and want to seek every opportunity to point to Jesus and minister His grace. John 14:1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”
We have been monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the advice given by the Public Health Agency. At present there are no guidelines which advise against us gathering as a church family. With that in mind our Sunday service will continue at this time.
We want to encourage you to consider what is best for you and your family. If you have concerns and choose to stay home, that is absolutely appropriate. If you have an underlying medical condition or are more susceptible to picking up a virus, you should also consider staying at home as well.
- We are dedicated to offering a clean and enviroment – our facilities are cleaned regularly
- We will have paper tissues freely available.
- We have actively sourced hand sanitiser – please make use of the hand sanitisers provided
- We plan to continue our weekly services but are monitoring the situation
- If you are unwell with flu or cold like symptoms, we kindly ask you to stay and home and follow government guidelines
- We should all follow personal hygiene and self isolation protocol outlined by the government. https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/news/covid-19-coronavirus
- Avoid close contact with people who are feeling unwell.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing and/or sneezing. Please use bins provided and wash your hands.
- If you do test positive for the virus and have attended church in the last few weeks, please let us know
- We must not be complacent, nor must we be ruled by fear or hysteria. We are to be a beacon of hope & light in the darkness, and present peace in fear-filled times as we show love compassion and point to Jesus
We believe the threat posed by COVID-19 is serious and encourage everyone to follow the guidelines issued by the NHS and our government, however we do not believe God has called His children to live in fear.
- Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind II Timothy 1:7
Commit to Prayer
As a church family, lets pray for all those affected, not allowing fear to rule our lives as we have a God who is in control!
Please pray for:
- Anyone affected by this virus, as well as their caregivers and those who are working hard to minimise the impact.
- Safety and peace for our brothers and sisters here at home and worldwide.
- Wisdom for our government, especially regarding public health issues.
- Wisdom for our church leadership
- Those who are struggling, or living in fear
- Boldness to share the gospel. In a cultural fixated on a virus that can kill, we have an opportunity to share about a gospel that saves.
- As we pray, look for ways to love our neighbours.